COVID-19: Virtual Roundtables and Resources
The COVID-19 health crisis and near certainty of a national recession in 2020 has altered some—but not all—of the immediate priorities of the Mass High Tech Council. Our policy and program focus remains the same, but the game plan has shifted to how we collectively respond to–and recover from–this crisis.
In collaboration with leaders of our private sector and public officials, we are working to identify, execute, and sustain strategies, policies and programs that will increase the speed and strength of Massachusetts’ economic recovery in 2021 and beyond.
Previously scheduled events in April, May and June have been postponed. However, on March 18, 2020, the Council launched a robust calendar of virtual engagement opportunities for our members focused on COVID-19 and our mission.
See information below about our ongoing series of COVID-19 Response Virtual Roundtables and watch your inbox for more opportunities to stay engaged and continue advancing the Council’s pro-growth, recovery-focused agenda and initiatives.
Contact Bernie Prusaczyk to learn more about how you can participate.
COVID-19 Response: MHTC Virtual Roundtable Series
With an unpredictable future ahead, this is a time to come together in sharing perspectives and information resources to help businesses make the best decisions possible to help ensure employee safety, advance public health strategies and minimize business disruptions.
To help companies navigate this landscape, the Massachusetts High Technology Council launched a series of “COVID-19 Response–MHTC Virtual Roundtables”.
Our series of virtual roundtables will feature leaders from the business community, public health sector, health delivery system, and professional services organizations who will share their perspectives and practices in responding to an array COVID-19 issues and challenges.
This no-fee series is open to all organizations, not only to members of the Mass. High Tech Council, but registration is required via the links below.
Virtual Roundtable Schedule
March 18: Employer Responses
- Ed Mackey: Executive Vice President – Operations, Boston Scientific
- Jonathan Proffitt: VP Global Workforce Solutions, Kronos
- Nav Singh: Senior Partner, McKinsey & Co.
- Ed Whalen: Chief Human Resources Officer, Putnam Investments
March 27: Insights from Mass. General Hospital
- Dr. Peter Slavin, President, Mass. General Hospital
- Dr. Rochelle Walensky, Practicing Infectious Disease Physician, Mass. General Hospital/Brigham and Women’s Hospital
April 10: Telehealth and Telemedicine
- Dr. Andy Ellner, CEO, Firefly Health
- Fay Rotenberg Bush, President, Firefly Health
- Jennifer St. Thomas, Vice President, AllWays Health Partners
April [TBD]: K-12 Education- Parents, Students & Employers
- Jeff Riley, Commissioner , Mass. Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
April 14: Women In Leadership-Managing Careers in the New Reality
- Mary Ann Freeman, Senior Director of Engineering, MathWorks
- Jody Gastfriend, LICSW, VP Senior Care, Care.com
- Kathleen Mitford, Chief Strategic Officer, PTC
- Cathy Saunders, Head of Client Engagement Center and Early Career Programs, Putnam Investments
April 17: Cyber Security
- Corey Thomas, Founder and CEO Rapid7
- Doug Robbins, VP Air Force Portfolio, The MITRE Corporation
- Chris Wysopal, Founder, CTO & CISO, Veracode
What Leaders are Saying About COVID-19 Response Virtual Roundtables
Congrats on executing an informative, interesting, and obviously important webinar.
Mark Cohen, CEO OPRSystems, Inc.
Roundtables that touch on the pulse of current events and the COVID-19 series are an excellent example of this dynamic virtual platform - job well done, thank you.
Nancy Cirone, Senior Financial Analyst, Brooks Automation
Thanks to the MHTC team for their extraordinary leadership proactively helping businesses stay informed and providing practical policy and procedures guidance.
Tom Colatosti, CEO Oasis Systems
Excellent panel discussion this evening on the COVID-19 response. I enjoyed watching/listening. Thank you for hosting – My colleagues and I here at PTC look forward to being part of future panels and meetings hosted by the Council.
Paul Lenfest, DVP of Central Operations, PTC
The GoToWebinar conversation was outstanding. It was well-orchestrated and executed allowing the audience to gain information and a sense of community on the crisis. The next roundtables bring in new voices and I’m looking forward to hearing them.
Jen Bride, Global Business Services, Raytheon Company