COVID-19: Recovery & Return to the Workplace
MHTC Recovery & Return to the Workplace
The COVID-19 health crisis and national recession in 2020 has altered some—but not all—of the immediate priorities of the Mass High Tech Council. Our policy and program focus remains the same, but the game plan has shifted to how we collectively respond to–and recover from–this crisis.
The Council’s Executive Committee, along with a diverse group of leaders from the diagnostic testing, life sciences, health care delivery, technology and manufacturing sectors led by High Tech Council Executive Committee member Steve Pagliuca, have developed the Massachusetts Recovery and Return to the Workplace Framework designed to restart the Commonwealth’s economy while protecting the health of residents
Informed by input from senior executives with global perspectives and published insights and data from McKinsey & Company, the Council’s framework was designed to guide leaders from the public and private sectors in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic and was presented to Governor Baker’s Reopening Advisory Board in April 2020.
The Council’s Recovery and Return to the Workplace Framework and ongoing effrots continue to provide business leaders and innovation economy employers with peer-validated and timely information needed to help them restart operations and return to work safely and successfully. By leveraging the Council’s CEO-level network, our team of subject matter experts and contributors will help to identify the specific conditions that must be in place to allow for restart and encourage individuals to engage in economic activity.
See information below about our ongoing series of COVID-19 Response Virtual Roundtables and watch your inbox for more opportunities to stay engaged and continue advancing the Council’s pro-growth, recovery-focused agenda and initiatives.
Recent Events and Materials:
View the December 10, 2020 Employer and Higher Education Applications of Testing Strategies in the War on COVID-19 Roundtable RECORDING and MATERIALS
View the May 22, 2020 “deep dive” on Masks, Workplace Norms, and the Future of Testing and Tracing HERE.
View the May 13, 2020 Recovery and Return to the Workplace Framework HERE.
Contact Chris Anderson to learn more about how you can participate in the Council’s COVID-19 Recovery and Return to the Workplace leadership.
MHTC Virtual Roundtable Series
With an unpredictable future ahead, this is a time to come together to share perspectives and information resources to help businesses and organizations make the best decisions possible for their people and our community. To help navigate this landscape, the Massachusetts High Technology Council created our Recovery & Return to the Workplace Virtual Roundtable Series.
These roundtables feature leaders from the business community, public sector, health delivery system, and professional services organizations who share perspectives and practices to an array COVID-19 related issues, including:
- Cyber security
- Telemedicine and telehealth
- Economic impacts
- Public health and provider responses
- Operations, business continuity and supply chain
- Managing careers in the new work from home reality
This no-fee series is open to all organizations, not only to members of the Mass. High Tech Council, but registration is required.
Prior Recovery & Retun to the Workplace Roundtables
March 18: Employer Responses
- Ed Mackey: Executive Vice President – Operations, Boston Scientific
- Jonathan Proffitt: VP Global Workforce Solutions, Kronos
- Nav Singh: Senior Partner, McKinsey & Co.
- Ed Whalen: Chief Human Resources Officer, Putnam Investments
March 27: Insights from Mass. General Hospital
- Dr. Peter Slavin, President, Mass. General Hospital
- Dr. Rochelle Walensky, Practicing Infectious Disease Physician, Mass. General Hospital/Brigham and Women’s Hospital
April 10: Telehealth and Telemedicine
- Dr. Andy Ellner, CEO, Firefly Health
- Fay Rotenberg Bush, President, Firefly Health
- Jennifer St. Thomas, Vice President, AllWays Health Partners
- Ed Mackey, Executive Vice President, Boston Scientific
April 14: Women In Leadership-Managing Careers in the Work-from Home Reality
- Mary Ann Freeman, Senior Director of Engineering, MathWorks
- Jody Gastfriend, LICSW, VP Senior Care, Care.com
- Kathleen Mitford, EVP, Chief Strategy Officer, PTC
- Cathy Saunders, Head of Client Engagement Center and Early Career Programs, Putnam Investments
April 17: Cyber Security Implications and Guidance
- Corey Thomas, Founder and CEO Rapid7
- Doug Robbins, VP Air Force Portfolio, The MITRE Corporation
- Chris Wysopal, Founder, CTO & CISO, Veracode
April 24: Higher Education Insights
- Alison Davis-Blake, President, Bentley University
- Laurie Leshin, President, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- David Luzzi, Sr. Vice Provost & VP, Northeastern University
- Jacqueline Moloney, Chancellor, UMASS Lowell
- Ted Rounsaville, Associate Partner, McKinsey & Co.
May 1: A Framework for Restarting the Mass. Economy
- Steve Pagliuca, Co-Chairman, Bain Capital and Co-Owner of the Boston Celtics
- Megan Greenfield, Partner, McKinsey & Co.
May 7: Economic Competitiveness in the Time of COVID-19
- Scott Cohn, Creator “America’s Top States for Business” and Special Correspondent, CNBC
- Colin Moore, Chief Investment Officer, Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- Timothy Zanni, Global and US Technology Sector Leader, KPMG
May 12: Legal Considerations: The New Workplace and Workforce in the Wake of COVID-19
- Mark Barnes, Partner, Ropes and Gray
- Megan Bisk, Partner, Ropes and Gray
- Jennifer Fay, Partner, Goodwin
- Liam O’Connell, Co-managing Partner, Nutter
June 4: Safe on Campus: A Framework for Reopening Colleges and Universities
- Robert Brown, President, Boston University
- Paula Johnson, President, Wellesley College
- Laurie Leshin, President, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
June 11: Return to the Workplace- Effective Employer Strategies
- Jane Steinmetz, Boston Office Managing Principal, EY and Mass. High Tech Council Executive Committee Member
- Jill Larsen, Chief Human Resource Officer, PTC
- Chris Ross, Head of Integrated Supply Chain Operations, MilliporeSigma
June 19: Return to the Workplace- Effective Employer Strategies
- Ed Mackey, Executive Vice President, Boston Scientific and Mass. High Tech Council Executive Committee Member
- David Hole, Managing Director, Accenture
- Mike Plisinski, CEO, Onto Innovation
July 28: Elementary & Secondary Education-The Path Forward for Schools, Students & Parents
- Dr. Jeff Riley, Commissioner- Mass. Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
November 23: Current Status and Future Impacts of Testing in the War on COVID-19
- Steve Pagliuca, Co-owner Boston Celtics and Co-chair Bain Capital: Update on Council’s May 2020 COVID-19 Framework & Research; and
Panel Discussion on the Role of Testing in the War Against COVID-19 with:
- Marc Casper, CEO, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Donna Hochberg, Partner, Health Advances
- David Walt, HHMI Professor, Core Faculty Member-Wyss Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School
- David Weiss, SVP-Player Matters, National Basketball Association
December 10: Employer and Higher Education Applications of Testing Strategies in the War on COVID-19
- Lucy Ayoub, Managing Director, Prime Healthcare Distributors
- Laurie Leshin, President, Worcester Polytechnic Institute and member of the Mass. Higher Education COVID-19 Working Group.
- Muzammil Mansuri, Ph.D, Venture Partner, F-Prime Capital and Executive Director of Project Beacon (founded by The Broad Institute)
- Dan Welch, Senior Vice President, Global Operations, Waters Corp.
VIEW THE ROUNDTABLE RECORDING